Friday, April 5, 2013

What I have been up to!

I know I have been super MIA for the past couple months, but I have been so busy! To update you all, I will let you know what I have been up to since my last post in December...eek!


In January, I was accepted into the Old Dominion University Teaching Program, which was super exciting for me and my mom too. I think she might have been more excited because it was a little bit of an ordeal to get all the ducks in a row for that. Love you Mom! :) I also started a whole new semester that same month. This last semester of my undergraduate work has been going by so fast.


Recently I have been working on my practicum in two local schools. I am loving every minute of it. I also enjoy getting dressed nice each day I visit the classrooms. During my practicum I have been able to teach quite a few lessons on my own. This is super rewarding, and it assures me that I will be a good teacher!


In February I took my GRE and did pretty well. The GRE was a requirement for admission to the graduate teaching program at ODU. The next day after the exam, I turned in my graduate application, and three weeks later I had been admitted! Another milestone in this journey called college.


In about a month I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree. I am so excited about this. Finally all my hard work is about to pay off. It is easy to feel like you are doing the same thing over and over again with nothing to show for it when you are going through college. The light at the end of the tunnel can seem dim or non-existent at times, but right now it is shining brightly for me. I know I am almost done! Well, with this stage, I mean! About a week after graduation I start my full-time graduate school.


I am definitely very thankful for my achievements over the past few months. Although I cannot say everything would have turned out quite this well had it not been for the support from family and friends. I am the type of person who obsesses over things, and these milestones have been stressed over and talked about in almost every conversation for the past few months! I am very grateful for their positivity, pep talks, and putting up with my incessant dwelling on each situation! :)



Positive quote of the day:


"Don't compare your Chapter 1 to someone else's Chapter 20."


-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment