Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Must Haves

One thing I have not really shared with my readers is my LOVE for fashion. I could spend hours shopping and trying on clothes. I will shop for me, my mom, my dad, my boyfriend, my friends. I mean really the list could go on and on. You get it. I love to clothes and shopping.


I decided to put together a list of eight items that would benefit any Spring wardrobe. These are items I myself find myself wearing often during this season and even into summer. I believe in spending money on quality items that will last you year after year and spending less on items you probably will have to replace once a year or so.


spring must haves


1. Wedges: I love a pair of wedges when the weather is warming up. They are casual but still add a little extra umph! to your outfit. Plus, if your short like me, the height is great too! I would recommend selecting a neutral color because you will probably get more wear for your buck. I have a few pairs, but I wear my tan the most!


2. Printed dress: Spring is the time to break out the cute pastel dresses. I love this light blue one with white polka dots (my go-to print). Another great print for a Spring dress is floral. Floral has been everywhere the past couple seasons, and it definitely screams of Spring.


3. J. Crew 3-inch shorts: Yes, I know many people think of J. Crew as pricy. This can be true, but some of their pieces are worth the extra money you might have to shell out. I have about 3-4 pairs of these shorts, and they have lasted me a few years. My mom also has about the same amount, and I believe has some that are over 5 years old. I like to look out for these bad boys at the outlets where they are sometimes as cheap as $20. That price is comparable to Target. I would recommend khaki, navy, grey, and brown as colors to think about purchasing. They really do last!


4. Sunglasses: I love the cat-eye trend many sunglasses lines have going on right now. They have that retro-chic vibe to them.


5. Spring-y scarf: Some days can have a little bit of chill, so throw on a scarf. Floral or pastel colored scarves are perfect for this season. They look great with just a t-shirt or add a cardigan too! This little accessory can take an outfit from bland to fab.


6. Denim shorts: First off, I do not recommend cut-offs. That is just my personal opinion when it comes to denim shorts. I think a nice tailored or rolled hem looks much nicer and is more wearable. One of my favorite places to get denim shorts with a tailored hem is Target. The pair I have is about a year old and can look dressy or casual.


7. Colorful Cardigans: If you haven't noticed yet, I like a lot of color in my Spring wardrobe. A few colorful cardigans can help out masses of outfits. Throwing one on with a simple t-shirt can make a whole outfit look pulled together. I like cardigans from Target (recently scored on for $5 this week) and J. Crew (check out the outlets).


8. Basic T-shirts: This is the time to make sure you have a lot of basic t-shirts in many colors. After shopping around at different stores, I found Target has the best when it comes to standing up to the dryer (yes, I am obsessed with Target). Also, Target has them at a good price. So if they get dingy after a year, you won't feel quite as guilty about throwing them out and purchasing more.


Well there you have it for my Spring Must Haves. I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it! Let me know what you Spring Must Haves are!



Positive quote of the day:


"Smile. The only fashion that lasts forever."


-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment