Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Six Beauty Favorites

I love finding new beauty products that work for me. Really, who doesn't love that?! Lately, meaning the past few months or so, I have realized I definitely have my own staples, my go-tos. These are products I would repurchase without hesitation because I find myself using them everyday.


This list includes both drugstore and higher end make-up lines. A lot of people do not realize that the drugstore really has great options for almost any make-up product. I follow beauty vlogs on YouTube like eleventhgorgeous and a few others to keep up with the latest trends and product reviews.


six beauty favorites




  1. Dior Addict Lip Glow: This is an awesome product that creates the custom perfect pink shade for your lips. The color it is on my lips would be different from another person because it works with your skin's natural chemistry. I use this multiple times a day because it add color and moisture to my lips. I don't leave the house without it.

  2. Too Faced Matte Eye Palette: I remember when I picked this up from Sephora. It was one of those days where you feel kind of "blah" looking, and I was hoping Sephora could give me a new eye look. I had always gone from metallic-y eye shadows before, so when the girl who was helping me suggested I try this, I was not too excited about it. I mean what's so much fun about a matte eye look? Well little did I know, EVERYTHING is great about a matte eye. First it does not draw attention to my naturally oily skin or blemishes like the sparkly kind always seems to do. Also, this palette creates a creamy well blended final look. The palette comes with instruction cards to create any look from day to night.

  3. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: The signature pink and green tube. I remember my mom using this when I was young. I see why twenty something (or more?) years later it is on the shelf. It is a really great mascara because it separates and gives my lashes volume. If you're in the market for a drugstore mascara, I would suggest checking out Maybelline. They have quite a few other mascaras that I like too.

  4. E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder: This reminds me of Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. I love to use this powder by E.L.F. because it is just as good as higher end, and it is only $6 at Target. I use this to set my foundation everyday.

  5. Maybelline Color Whispers Pin Up Peach: I love the Color Whispers line from Maybelline and own probably four of them. Pin Up Peach is my favorite by far. It is a color you can wear anytime. Color Whispers are moisturizing and provide the perfect amount of color. Most shades, including Pin Up Peach, are more pigmented than a tinted lip balm.

  6. Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation: I love this whipped foundation because it leaves my skin with a smooth finish after applying. It comes in all different shades. One jar of this foundation will last you a while. It provides medium-full coverage. I started using this when I realized my mineral foundation was leaving my skin looking grainy over the past Winter. Also, the foundation really does stay on your skin. I don't know about their claims of it staying on for 24hrs, but it lasts me for a full day. I don't have to worry about my face becoming too oily or needing a touch up.



Positive quote of the day:


"Good looks fade. But a good heart keeps you beautiful forever."


-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment