Friday, April 19, 2013

Girls' Guide to College: Part 2

I'm back with Part 2 of my Girls' Guide to College series! I hope everyone enjoyed Part 1! As I said at the end of that post, this post is going to be about the shoes you should bring with you.

A lot of us girls have a tendency to throw all of our belongs into bags, suitcases, and boxes because we don't take the time to think about what we really need. All of a sudden everything we have ever owned has significant importance and is a "must bring".

One item my roommate and I had too many between us were size 6-7 shoes. The bottom of our closets (small closets by the way) were filled with 50 pairs of shoes combined. We loved our shoes. Also, we were used to wearing heels in high school, so Every.Single.Pair. came with us to college.

Luckily for all of you guys, I have narrowed my list down to the nine shoes you will wear during college. I promise you will still look put together, and your closet won't be bursting with shoes!

Shoes to Pack for College

  1. Nude pumps: A classic nude pump is a shoe a college fashionista can get wear out of. I suggest bringing nude along with black pumps (#3) because some outfits are just not going to look right with black.

  2. Tan wedges: For those days when the weather is nice and you want an extra little flare to you outfit, I recommend bringing tan wedges. They will go with basically anything you have that is warm weather wear.

  3. Black pumps: Classic black pumps are a staple in any wardrobe, and college is no different. I wore my black pumps for nights out and when I had to give presentations for class.

  4. Snow boots (or rain boots): I have snow boots on my list because where I went we got tons of snow from the end of November through March. If you are going to a school that does not get a bunch of snow, leave the snow boots and pack rain boots.

  5. Brown boots: I live in boots, especially from Fall to Spring. I think a brown boot pulls together an outfit and instantly gives you a more polished look. Boots in general are very versatile because you can dress them up or down.

  6. Black boots: Sometimes a brown boot just does not go, and you must wear black boots, which is why I say bring black along with brown. You can pair black boots with jeans, dresses, or skirts. As I said before they bring a look all together.

  7. Tennis shoes: I love my black Vans and wear them all the time. I have gone through a few pairs during college because they are one of my everyday go-tos. I recommend bring a neutral color of tennis shoes because they will go with whatever.

  8. Flat sandals: I know flat sandals are tiny and don't take up much space, but you don't need to pack 10 pairs. Grab one neutral, like cream or tan, and it will go with anything.

  9. Shower shoes: Yes, these are flip-flops. These might be the MOST important shoes you will bring with you your freshman year of college. Anywhere between 30-60 girls had to share a bathroom that had 3 showers on my floor. It could be gross, especially on weekend when no one was there to clean. These are a must-have even if you share with less girls. Foot fungus on my precious little feet is a no-go!

There you have it. My nine shoes I think a college student needs to bring with them. Remember if you and your roommate are the same size (and you don't mind sharing!), you're shoe selections could double! Don't share shower shoes though! :)

Positive quote of the day:

"Keep smiling because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."

-Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment