Saturday, June 29, 2013

Monthly Favorites: June

Hey everyone! After seeing many YouTubers talk about their top things over the past month, I have decided to add "favorites" posts  to my blog. It's just a fun post that tell you what I have been loving each month from fashion to just events in my life. Hope you all enjoy!


  1. Brown Target Sandals: These go with almost anything I wear right now. I am probably styling these guys 4-5 times a week. For $12, I have definitely got my money out of these sandals!
  2. Monogram Bracelet: I have worn this on nights that I have been dressed up this past month. I love that its simple, elegant, and personalized. Thanks Momma and Daddy for the fab graduation present!
  3. "Point At You" By: Justin Moore: This has been my top song for June. It's catchy and cute, and I find myself singing it throughout the day.
  4. Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream: I like to have something on my skin, but since the temperatures have risen, I do not always want a bunch of foundation. This has been my go-to when I am just running to the grocery store or wherever. I dust a little powder on top, and I am good to go!
  5. The Man Who Walked Between the Towers, By: Mordicai Gerstein: I have had to read about a bazillion children's books this summer for one of my graduate classes. This is definitely the best one I have read so far. The illustrations are so amazing they tell the story by themselves. It definitely deserved to receive the Grand Caldecott Award!
  6. Grey H&M Bikini: Grey? Gray? Who knows? Anyway, this bikini has been my favorite this past month. It was only $25 and actually has good quality. The bottoms look skimpier in the picture than they are when they are worn.
  7. Reusable Target Mason Jar Mug: I have used this almost everyday since I picked it up at my favorite Target. I bring it with me when I go on runs or to the beach. It also has helped me increase my daily water intake ( I don't know why though! Maybe because its fun?!).
  8. Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt: I have been cooking with Chobani and adding it to everything this past month. I use it in smoothies (with berries, kale, and chia seeds) and pasta sauces. I have even used it in some of the meals I have made for James (without telling him, of course!), and he approves!
  9. I have had some other major accomplishments this month. First, I passed my Praxis II exam. Then I received my diploma from ODU in the mail. Next I received my award for high scores on my Praxis II. And, as of yesterday, I PASSED my VCLA exam! Wow! Writing that all down makes me feel this has been a pretty darn good month!
I am looking forward to what July holds for me! I have my big RVE exam, and some final exams at the end of the month. I hope July won't give me too much school stress! Also, around that time, my momma and I will be traveling to the Penn Family Reunion. Very exciting things going on to make for a fun summer!
 
Today, I am off to see my good friend, Serena, get married! That means James and I will be all fancied up for the occasion!
 
positive quote of the day:
"Too many people undervalue what they are and overvalue what they are not."
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment