Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blueberry Pie Recipe


Hello! To continue with the blueberry theme, I have a wonderful blueberry pie recipe for y'all! I made this the other night, shared it with my parents and James, and got a stamp of delicious approval!

This recipe is so simple to throw together and pop in the oven. It took me less than 10 minutes to get it in the oven! Those are the kind of recipes I like, especially on week nights! Oh and did I mention it only dirties up a bowl, pie dish, spoon, and a measuring cup! I can deal with that!

I used a store bought crust from Wal-mart for this because they taste great, and who really wants to make a pie crust?! Not this girl!

Blueberry Pie Recipe

2 pre-made pie crusts
6 cups fresh blueberries
2/3 cup sugar, plus a little extra for the top
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp butter, cut into pieces

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place one pie crust into pie plate. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in one bowl. Add blueberries and lemon juice to dry ingredients. Toss together together. Put blueberry mixture into pie crust. Distribute butter pieces over blueberries. Top with second pie crust. Crimp pie shells together along the edge. Cut vent holes in top crust. Sprinkle sugar over the top of the pie. Cover Bake for 40 minutes. Allow pie to cool two hours or so before serving.

"Never suppress a generous thought."
-Camilla Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment